Welcome to the School Council Page
St Mary and St Michael School Council representatives are a group of pupils who have been elected by their peers to represent their views and raise issues from around the school. Our representatives meet every half term to propose and take forward initiatives and projects on behalf of their peers.
St Mary and St Michael School Council aims is to help children and young people to:
• enjoy and feel empowered by their education.
• feel that their school responds to their needs and views.
• have the opportunity to let adults know their feelings and opinions about things that affect them.
• have a say about decisions, and to play an active role in making their school a better place.
• develop life skills through participation.